Thursday, March 1, 2007

SMU Baseball: Road Trip #1

Hey!

So once again my life is consumed by baseball. Aside from crafting this weekend's line-up and preparing for our first road trip to Kingwood College (KC), I've been compiling a huge list of sources for a research analysis of minor league baseball. It's been crazy, but I'm really happy I can devote so much of my time to the sport I love...I can't imagine spending this semester any other way!

This Saturday we head to KC for a double-header...our first real test against another NCBA team this season...and also my first time wearing baseball pants-haha! Hopefully I'll have a victory or two to report back on next week! The first will be getting the team onto the van by 7 a.m...yeah, good luck with that (0-1) :)


With the help of a few webmasters our website is finally becoming a reality. The information currently posted is old and will be updated over the next few days, so be sure to check back for stats, pictures, schedules and player bios! http://www.smu.edu/baseball/.


On another note, our class is prepping for our meeting with Cure magazine Monday. I'm looking forward to discussing the vision for the Cure/Heal blog and helping them make this forum for cancer patients, survivors and their families and caregivers a tremendous resource!


I head to Memphis with the basketball team on Tuesday for the conference tournament too (I'll be the little one wailing on the saxophone). It'll be one busy week, but spring break is in sight!


More to come...have a great weekend!

No comments: